This year’s ITA Tunnelling Awards, organised by the International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association (ITA), will take place in Paris, France, on 15 November during the AFTES (French Association of Tunnelling and Underground Space) congress.
The last two editions of the ITA Tunnelling Awards were held in Switzerland and Singapore, respectively. The events received more than 200 entries and 64 nominations, rewarded 21 projects and personalities and gathered more than 450 attendees.
Entries for the 2017 awards are now open and they can be submitted until 30 May 2017.
There are nine categories of the awards:
• Major Project of the Year - over 500€ million
• Project of the Year - between €50 million and €500 million
• Project of the Year - (up to €50 million)
• Technical Project Innovation of the Year
• Technical Product or Equipment innovation of the Year
• Sustainability initiative of the Year
• Safety Initiative of the Year
• Innovative Use of Underground Space
• Young Tunneller of the Year
• Life Time Achievement Award (application not required)
ITA is a non -profit and non-governmental international organisation, which aims at promoting the use of underground space as a solution to sustainable development. Founded in 1974 and based in Lausanne, Switzerland, ITA currently has 73 member nations, 300 affiliated members, 17 prime sponsors and 60 supporters.
Submission deadline: 30 June 2017
Entries are to be submitted online: https://awards.ita-aites.org